Wednesday 29 June 2011

My first ever acrylic painting from 2006

To get this blog started properly I thought I'd upload some of my old work. 

The first one in line is a painting of Marilyn Monroe made with acrylic paint. The story behind this painting is not very interesting, but I can tell you that this was my first ever painting with acrylic paint, that I made in 2006. 

I had tried oil before, but I just didn't like it. Acrylics are so easy to work with, as the paint dries in no time at all, which is a benefit when you need to change something in the painting.
 
Try to ignore the massive 'Maria Hagman' written all over the painting. When I first uploaded this painting to my Facebook page I was a bit paranoid about people copying the picture and taking credit for it. That's why...

I have developed my painting skills and I've changed my technique a lot since this painting was made, but I just thought it would be fun to show you all how it all started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As an artist I love hearing people's opinions about my work, so I would be extremely happy if you left a little comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...