Sunday 27 November 2011

Nautical 3-piece painting from 2011

When I first moved in to my boyfriend's house I realised he didn't have any decorations whatsoever. I went a bit mental with the empty rooms since I am one who loves decorations, and who always had my walls filled with all sorts of things, such as drawings, photos, etc. In my opinion every room needs a small decorative item - even the tiny guest bathroom in the hallway! That's actually where I hung up this nautical inspired 3-piece painting of mine. I was inspired by the round window in that bathroom, which very much reminded me of a window in a boat. What better theme to have in that bathroom then than a nautical theme ;) 
This 3-piece nautical painting is made with acrylic colours, and the swirls you can see are simply painted pebbles glued on with superglue. I really think that 3D objects in paintings make a huge difference, and they really draw attention to the painting as a whole. Below you can see each painting as a close-up.
I really wanted to paint a compass, and as you can see that is the main piece of the painting. I thought the text "Wherever you go, take me with you" really suited it, and it sounds really sweet.




2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! This looks amazing. I want one in my bathroom..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can picture that in my mum's bathroom ^^ with the blue accessories she's got everywhere =) it's really pretty !

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete

As an artist I love hearing people's opinions about my work, so I would be extremely happy if you left a little comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...