Wednesday 1 February 2012

Fascinating staircases

When decorating a home there is so much to think about – tiles, wall colour, fabrics… you name it! But have you ever thought of doing something as extreme as changing your staircase to something more creative and eye-catching? Most people think that stairs are just stairs, and that their only function is to take you from one floor to another. I guess this is true on one way, but just take a look at the creative staircases below, and you might change your mind! 

Stairs aren’t just stairs, but they work perfectly as book cases as well. The one that really caught my eye is the first one of these four (could it be oak?). I like the fact that it’s so chunky, and that the shelves are square.

If you have a small home, space saving stairs could be a great option. And they look so extremely stylish too! But oh my, it sure must be scary walking in them. Better watch where you place your feet! I absolutely love the staircase made out of wooden boxes that have simply been hung up on the wall. If you are looking to do something like this for your home it might be easier to build it yourself, rather than buying a ready-made one, in order to fit it in perfectly with the angles of your home. But don’t think that you can just build a staircase with any creative materials you find (like the wooden boxes below). Remember that each step needs to be able to hold a heavy weight, and therefore it’s essential that you buy some high quality, professional stair parts, like the ones in the range of Richard Burbidge from Flyde Stair Parts.

 A set of creative spiral stairs can be just enough creativity in your home if you’re looking for something that stands out, but not too extremely. The wooden stairs with chunky steps have a really natural feel to them, and they would fit in most homes. If you prefer to style up your staircase with patterns, a great way to do so is to opt for a printed or painted banister, like the one with the tree motif below.

If I could change the staircase in my current house I would definitely go for any of the two below. The black one cause it looks so dramatic (just imagine that black and those patterns against a light wall – what a cool contrast!) and the one with the tree banister because I’ve got a bit of an obsession with trees since I recently covered a whole wall in my house with a big tree painting. And also, the tree staircase is the most similar one to the stairs I’ve already got in my house, so this would actually be feasible to create!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, these create a great storage space for a small home and they do look very stylish. My fav though has to be those black stairs, with a white wall they would be super stylish.

    ReplyDelete

As an artist I love hearing people's opinions about my work, so I would be extremely happy if you left a little comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...