Sunday 12 February 2012

Unique lighting

I used to work in a warehouse for lamps a few years back (yeah, I know - great job... not!) and to be honest I got a bit obsessed with lamps. Not normal boring lamps, but unique and creative lamps. The artier - the better! Lamps don't only function as light sources, but they are for decoration as well. 

I do admit, the lamps in my house are quite plain and boring, but I am looking to invest in some more creative and unique lamps to match my creative mind :) I want the interior decorations in my house to be as arty as possible.
The dream would obvisously be to have one of those amazing Chihuly chandeliers that I wrote about in my last blogpost - but I think that's gonna have to stay a dream. 

I've been looking at some fantastic handmade wall lights that I would give anything to have. What do you think about these?


Or what about this wall lamp made out of reused umbrellas? That sure is creative!













I do quite like lamps made out of other things, such as this old typewriter lamp. My friend actually made me a table lamp out of an old converse shoe not long ago. Interesting... The thing is that I had to take this lamp in my hand luggage on a flight. The staff in the security control sure looked at me funny when they looked through my bag!
 

When it comes to ceiling lights I've got a thing for swirly baroque style chandeliers. I used to have one very much like this one, which I loved, but I had to give it away when I moved over to England. My sister is now taking good care of it back in Sweden. 

I've got a silver one in my house now, but it looks awful (my boyfriend bought it before we even met). I'm thinking if it's possible to spray it black with some matte spray paint. It would look so much better. Any suggestions?





1 comment:

As an artist I love hearing people's opinions about my work, so I would be extremely happy if you left a little comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...