Friday 25 November 2011

Fair Trade art

I've done a lot of inspirations posts lately and this is yet another one.The reason is because I've not been creative enough with my own art. I promise the next post will be about some of my own work :) I've already got it all planned!

There is something about handmade things... Just the fact that someone has spent hours creating something rather than using machines in factories. As an artist I really admire hand crafted things such as accessories and clothing. It feels like those items have got more meaning. I really hope people will have that view on my handmade jewellery as well once I get good enough to sell them.
I recently came across traidcraftshop.co.uk which is an online shop by the leading fair trade company Traidcraft. In their cute little shop they sell all sorts of pretty items handmade by people in the third world, and with the profit they help fighting poverty.
Here are a few items from their handmade jewellery and accessories collection. 

<-- How cute are these silver elephant earrings with swirly little details?! 

I absolutely adore these little ring holders shaped as an elephant and a giraffe. -->




Beautiful amethyst earrings with silver patterns.



<-- I love jewellery made of glass, and this necklace is fantastic!

 
 


You wouldn't think this handbag was made out of a recycled car tyre, would you?-->


<-- Absolutely fantastic work; a nacklade made out of carved out wood with swirly details.


 Aren't these wooden elephant book marks just super cute?! -->

1 comment:

  1. I love the ring holds! I've never seen any of those they look so so cute.

    ReplyDelete

As an artist I love hearing people's opinions about my work, so I would be extremely happy if you left a little comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...