Monday 21 November 2011

Gemstone Love

As most of you know already, I am taking a jewellery making course one evening every week. So far, I've only made a few rings (post about those are coming soon) and a few weeks back I posted an inspiration post on handmade silver rings. All gorgeous :) That post sure gave me lots of ideas for upcoming designs. I'm still on the sketching stage though, so it may take a while before you get to see any of my work...
This is another inspiration post, but of rings a bit more complicated in their designs. It's my dream to be able to create rings like these sometime in the future. A few friends of mine have said to me "If you're learning how to make jewellery, you should make my wedding ring". I'm probably lightyears away from the day when I will be able to create a gorgeous, sparkly wedding ring, but I can always dream... And practice makes perfect, so I better get started!
I've recently been looking at sapphire rings for inspiration, as I would really like to start working with gemstones. These are some really lovely designs I've found.
Blue, purple and green are my favourite colours when it comes to jewellery, so below are some great designs of amethyst and emerald rings as well. Since I'm a very arty person my motto is that the swirlier and more complex, the better ;) Which one is your favourite? My favourite of all these is the first one of the sapphire rings. I love the fact that it looks simple from a distant, but when you look at it closer you see all the little swirly patterns cut out in the silver. Absolutely amazing! And honey, I am not at all hinting :P


1 comment:

  1. I think the sapphire ones are my faves =) The blue is just so pretty !! Can't wait to see the ones you made =)

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete

As an artist I love hearing people's opinions about my work, so I would be extremely happy if you left a little comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...