Thursday 17 November 2011

The missing piece for my art room

Call it art or not... but I think interior decoration is a form of art. It sure is a way of showing your creativity. Matching furniture, placing decorations, hanging up pictures... it takes an artist's eye to do it right.
Antique furniture especially just screams art. Nowadays it's all about boring flat packs...
Remember my post about my project "painting a swirly tree on the wall"? I thought I'd continue talking about that room of mine, that I now refer to as my "art room".
After having painted my swirly olive green tree I invested in an antique bureau in an off-white colour. It's all worn and battered, but it's such a beautiful piece of furniture. I got myself a matching bookcase (sure, it is new, but it looks old!) and now all that's missing is a sofa. There is a sofa bed in that room, but it's extremely ugly. It's one of those "boy-room"-sofas made out of a massive futon and a metal frame. Uuuh... (boyfriend's choice prior to meeting me)

I've been looking around and I would really want a sofa that looks like an antique one to match the rest of the room. Right now I've got my eyes on a couple of chesterfield sofas fromTheOriginalSofaCo - one of them would be a great addition to my art room. The colour theme in that room is white, olive green and purple (but more green at the moment) so this purple sofa would suit perfectly! I'll keep looking, but I'll definitely put this sofa on my list of maybes...

1 comment:

  1. Love antique furniture too. Personally I'm not into modern so I defiantly love that sofa you picked out!

    ReplyDelete

As an artist I love hearing people's opinions about my work, so I would be extremely happy if you left a little comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...